Do you know what is the best thing about time?
Everybody has the same amount of hours per day.
“Talk about an ideal democracy! In the realm of time, there is no aristocracy of wealth and no aristocracy of intellect. Genius is never rewarded by even an extra hour a day. There is no punishment. Waste your infinitely precious commodity as much as you will, and the supply will never be withheld from you. Moreover, you cannot draw in the future. Impossible to get into debt! You can only waste the passing moment. You cannot waste tomorrow; it is kept for you. You cannot waste the next hour; it is kept for you.”
– Arnold Bennett
Let’s talk about the concept of TIME. Many entrepreneurs have a less-than-ideal relationship with time and it is a common cause of stress and concern.
So how to Take on time management, so that you can…
- Create a System and Strategy for your life and business
- Build an invaluable structure around your schedule
- Hold yourself accountable for every hour/minute/seconds that you spend.
Here are the top 5 ways to master your time management and become unstoppable in your flow.
#1. Set Regular Work Hours
When you have worked at a J-O-B in the past, you most likely had set hours when you had to show up and put in the work. Now that you’re the leader of your own business, it’s up to YOU to determine when you’re going to…
- Start work each day & plug in
- Spend time with your clients & customers
- Take time to rest & recharge
Set regular hours that you know work best for your schedule and flow, so you can optimize your productivity and hopefully reduce your time-related stress.
#2. Systematically bundle Your Time
This is one of the favorite time management hacks. It’s so important to bundle your time in business and block off portions of your schedule to work with your clients.
If you leave your schedule wide open;
- You may end up switching gears all day long (which can take a huge toll on your brain). You may have a client book a session at 9 a.m., and another client book a call at 5 p.m., leaving you to fill in the blanks in between.
By systematically bundling your time, on the other hand:
- You’re offering smaller windows of time (like 2-3 hour periods) for clients who can schedule to meet with you…and you’re maintaining control of your time management.
#3. Schedule Time to Work In Your Business AND On Your Business
The incredible business-building work you’re doing can be divided into two categories:
- Working in your business
- Working on your business
When you’re working IN your business, you’re:
- meeting with clients
- maintaining the day-to-day needs
- training your team
- fulfilling all its everyday responsibilities.
When you’re working ON your business, you’re:
- getting to the front Line of your business.
- You serve as a visionary for your business.
- You brainstorm your greatest ideas with your team.
- You ask the bigger questions, and plan the road ahead.
Remember to schedule time for BOTH when you’re setting your routine business hours and systematically scheduling your time.
#4. Trust Your Flow & Rhythm
The beauty of leading your own business is you can manage your time in a way that aligns with your inner flow and your natural rhythm. As you’re setting your hours and working on your time management, don’t be afraid to…
- Take time to meditate & achieve the clarity that you need
- Trust what your body is telling you
- Embrace your sacred feminine (and masculine) energies
- Just go for it! Follow the ideas that excite you
Remember, your clients don’t choose you because of how hard you work. They choose you because of the purpose-based business you love and the unique transformation only you can provide.
#5. Surround Yourself with valuable Support
There’s no need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to time management. It’s a great idea to build a support system filled with people and resources that empower you to create the freedom schedule that best serves your business. Here are a few ways to get support
- Join a community of like-minded people.
- Read a book. Relentless by Tim Grover.
- Get a mentor. Work with someone who you trust, and who has a schedule and life balance that you admire.
These 5 ways to master your time management hold the power for you to be relentless & unstoppable.
Now take out your calendar and start writing the schedule that works for YOU!
Let me know in the comments: what’s 1 action you’ll take today to master your time management?
Let’s do this thing…together.
8 thoughts on “5 Ways to Your Time Management Mastery”
Can I just say what a comfort to find somebody who truly understands what theyre talking about on the net. You certainly understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important. A lot more people really need to look at this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely possess the gift.
Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long
comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear.
Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just
wanted to say wonderful blog!
Very nice article. I absolutely appreciate this site. Keep writing!
Thank you Chase.
Saved as a favorite, I love your blog!
Thank you Sandy.
Very well written!
Thank you Jaswin, Much appreciate.